Monday, June 20, 2016

Last week I highlighted a favorite book from my reading as a youth. Completing that assignment inspired me to order the box set including that book and 3 sequels of which I had not been aware. The Giver is a Newbery Award winning book. This week we were asked to read both a Newbery and a Caldecott book. Since I had already featured The Giver last week, I thought I should choose a different book for this week's assignment. I looked over the online lists of medal winners for both the Newbery and Caldecott, and pulled a bunch of books off of my shelf. I decided it was time to read one of them that I had not before, so I chose The Slave Dancer, and allowed myself to read one that I felt nostalgic about The Little Island.


As part of this assignment I had to made an ad for the two books. Here is my long winded ad video in case you're interested. :P




No comments:

Post a Comment